Horchata Coffee Recipe (Mind Blown)
It’s that time of year again, everyone. What time, you ask? Why, it’s horchata time!
So what does that have to do with some delicious JOJO Java coffee, you ask? Well, in this article, we’ll give you a mind-blowing recipe for a horchata coffee drink.
That’s not all: we’ll also get you started with your very own recipe for a basic horchata!
Get ready to taste one of the most delicious coffee drinks you’ve had– well– ever. Let’s get started.
Horchata Coffee Drink Explosion
Horchata is a rice-based drink that finds its roots in Mexico, Spain, and Central America. While each country has a slightly different version of the drink, they’re all delicious and share the same overall flavor profile.
So which Horchata should you use? Honestly, whichever one you can get your hands on or make.
So What is Horchata, Exactly?
As we mentioned above, there are various versions, but the one we’re referring to is inspired my Mexican horchata and features rice. This particular version contains:
- Rice (1 cup)
- Cinnamon sticks (2)
- Vanilla (half teaspoon)
- Brown Sugar (1/4 cup)
- Toasted almonds (1/4 cup)
- Filtered water (as much as needed)
- Salt (pinch)
Our Basic Horchata Recipe
Here’s a simple recipe you can use to make your own horchata to use as a base for your delicious JOJO Java horchata coffee drink.
- Toast your almonds (a small amount) and set them aside in a bowl
- Add your rice, salt, vanilla, cinnamon sticks and the rest of the almonds to the bowl
- Pour in enough filtered water to cover everything
- Allow all ingredients to soak for no less than 4 hours
- Pour your soaked mixture into a blender or food processor and blend
- Pour your blended mixture through a strainer to get rid of big bits
- Serve warm, or store in the fridge until chilled
And there you go. You’ve got some horchata. From here, you can pour some into a glass and dust it with some cinnamon.
But we’re not stopping there. Now onto our delicious JOJO Java coffee drink.
Lotta JOJO Java Coffee Horchata
Now it’s time to enjoy a delicious horchata coffee drink. For this portion, we suggest you choose one of these delicious JOJO Java flavors:
- JOJO JAVA Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee Pods
- JOJO JAVA Peanut Butter Cookie Coffee Pods
To create your delicious drink, just follow a few simple steps.
- Prepare a large cup for pouring/mixing your drink
- Brew a delicious cup of JOJO Java (in fact we recommend that you brew two)
- Grab your horchata mixture (warm or cold)
- Pour your coffee and the horchata together into your large cup
- Stir together vigorously
- Add some frothed cream, whipped cream, or a dusting of cinnamon to the top for flavor
And that’s it! It’s that simple! We hope you try this recipe, and that you think it’s as delicious as we do.
Looking for some coffee to make this recipe and others? You have to check out our new coffee bundles here.